Today I finished painting the closet door frame, the window, and the area around the new power outlets. Basically, these were the last construction related tasks that I had put off for the past month. Now I just need to organize my crap. And I have lots of crap.
Here is my workspace:
To the left of my desk I have a peninsula for extra desk space.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Sunday, January 6, 2008
This weekend I started to get my office setup again. Next week I need to give a talk to a company in Maryland and I need to work on the presentation. Like any good grad student, I procrastinated. One of the things you learn to do in grad school is to procrastinate productively.
- I patched the kernel for the Lyrtech SFFSDR board with the Davinci NAND flash driver, setup the SFFSDR board, and tested the kernel. Lot's of progress, but I haven't quite got it working. I suspect I need to read up on setting the NAND controller registers properly.
- Started finishing the wall where I added a bunch of AC outlets.
- Read about some algorithms for FM demodulation
- Filled out the rebate form from the PS3 purchase. (They'll send me 5 blu-ray DVD's)
- Took the cardboard from the office furniture to recycling.
- Started collecting information on the ML-403 evaluation board from Xilinx.
- Responded to some emails that needed responses.
- Looked for an Open Office template for my slides.
- Started working on the presentation.