Monday, December 17, 2007

Painting

I hate painting.

I'm remodeling the room in our house I use as an office. This needed doing several years ago when we moved in, but things were to chaotic at the time. The room has old wood panelling, the kind used to finish a house when you were running out of time and money in the late 50's.

Painting over this panelling will brighten up a room dramatically, but the finish tends to bleed through latex primers badly, this explains why the project is taking so long. I am up to four coats of primer now and ready to apply the final coats.

After painting, I am laying down fake wood floors. This should go much better than the painting work.

I ordered a cube style desk with peninsula this should give me plenty of desk space to fiddle with small embedded systems :) Or more space to clutter.

Hopefully, after Christmas I am back to full speed and have found some work to pay for all this.

No comments: