Saturday, February 23, 2008

Traveling

Wednesday I left for Brussels to attend FOSDEM. My flight went via Frankfurt because USAir does not fly direct on Wednesday. My flight from Frankfurt to Brussels was delayed an hour due to fog. Then, while preparing the airplane, the rear emergency exit deployed. This led to the cancellation of my flight. Fortunately, they managed to get me on a 1PM flight. The Frankfurt airport is not my favorite place to spend six hours. The food selection is not great (at least on the airplane side of security). The airport is also a bit of a maze.

There is a tunnel between the A and B terminals. This is what it looks like around 7 AM after you have been up all night.

I've been through Frankfurt twice now, and taken a different route between the international arrival area and the outgoing flight each time.

No comments: