Saturday, October 6, 2007

Flying

Flying to Berlin was good. No security horror stories. I did have to go through security again in Frankfurt. No shoe removal in Frankfurt, but the German security guys actually seem serious, lot's of hand wanding and bag picking apart. I was fine though, I pretty much avoid wearing anything metal while traveling and try to keep funny looking stuff out of my carry on.

Frankfurt Airport is a bit of a mess, I walked all over getting from Terminal C to A. The highlight was the tunnel from B to A, lovely rotating coloured lights.

Berlin/Tegel was fine. The buggage claim is at the end of the jetway. The strange airport experience: I saw a booth for an Iranian airline. Not quite as strange as when I realized why the "Vacation in Cuba" signs in Toronto looked funny to me.

Took the bus to the subway, and subway to my hotel. I should have got off at the first subway station ...

Coming from the airport to the Hotel, I must have crossed the former Iron Curtain a couple of times. More on this later.

No comments: