Thursday, October 18, 2007

Lyrtech Small Form Factor Board

I have had a Lyrtech Small Form Factor SDR (SFFSDR) board since May 9. I had about 8 weeks to get Linux running on it for the SDR Forum Radio Challenge contest. Sadly I could not make it run Linux in that time frame, so we switched to plan B for the contest. Since my thesis writing is nearly done, I have some time to see how good the davinci support committed to u-boot a couple of months ago is, I took another stab at getting Linux on the board

The davinci support in u-boot is good, I had the board working in a day. Some minor kernel config changes have the kernel booting, and this morning I set up root over NFS and got minimal-image running. It was great seeing the Angstrom ASCII logo scroll onto the screen.

Now to get an OSSIE image built .... And get the NAND flash working with the kernel so I can create a self contained system.


root@davinci-dvevm:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
BogoMIPS : 148.27
Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp java
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 5TEJ
CPU variant : 0x0
CPU part : 0x926
CPU revision : 5
Cache type : write-back
Cache clean : cp15 c7 ops
Cache lockdown : format C
Cache format : Harvard
I size : 16384
I assoc : 4
I line length : 32
I sets : 128
D size : 8192
D assoc : 4
D line length : 32
D sets : 64

Hardware : DaVinci EVM
Revision : 64460000
Serial : 0000000000000000

No comments: